CONGRATULATIONS to the four St Pat’s Tech graduates from the Class of 2012, named as winners of the 2012 Australian Vocational Student Prize on Monday 26 August 2013.
- Nathan Carter (Automotive)
- Shameka Langenberg (Food & Hospitality)
- Lucinda Raschella (Hair & Beauty)
- Dale Sheppard (Auto – Heavy Vehicle)
The Australian Vocational Student Prize (AVSP) recognises students who have demonstrated outstanding skills while completing vocational training in senior secondary years. It promotes the value of gaining vocational skills while at school and acknowledges that vocational education prepares students for further training and employment.
Five hundred prizes, of a certificate and $2000, are available nationally each year. The best of these students will win the Prime Minister’s Award for Skills Excellence in School which carries a prize of an additional $2000.
Each year schools are invited to nominate students who have chosen to do practical, vocational training while completing their senior secondary studies.
Nominating students must:
- have completed, or be due to complete, Year 12 in the year of nomination;
- have completed, or be due to complete, a Vocational Education and Training program or an Australian School-based Apprenticeship to a minimum Certificate II as part of their senior secondary studies; and
- have their vocational education and training or Australian School-based Apprenticeship results recorded on their senior secondary certificate.