St Patrick’s Technical College’s founding Principal addressed his final assembly at the school ahead of his retirement at the end of the year.
Rob Thomas has been an educator for more than 40 years and played a pivotal role in the establishment of StPatsTech. Chair of StPatsTech College Board, Tricia Hicks, pay tribute to Mr Thomas’ contribution to the school.
“On behalf of the board, I’d like to pay special tribute to Mr Rob Thomas,’’ Ms Hicks said.
“For 11 and a half years he has tirelessly worked on your (the students’) behalf to help you achieve your own dreams.
“Thank you Rob for your input and all you’ve done for St Patrick’s, which is always for the benefit of the students here at the College.’’
“I’ve enjoyed my time here immensely and meeting the many, many outstanding young people who give me great hope for the future,’’ Mr Thomas said.
Student leader Santiago Bribiesca Diaz thanks Mr Thomas on behalf of the students.
“Thank you for believing that we all deserve the best type of education possible. We wish you every happiness and good health in your retirement,” Santiago said.
Current Thomas More College Deputy Principal, Danny Deptula, will take over the reins from January 2018.
Also farewelled at the assembly were teachers, Chef Yvette Hull and College Coordinator, Marc Forster along with pre-foundation staff member, Jim Montgomery. Chef Hull is moving interstate with her family while Mr Forster has taken up the position of Deputy Principal at St Mark’s College in Port Pirie. Mr Montgomery, the College’s Industry Relations Manager, was involved in the initial submissions to establish a technical high school in Adelaide’s north in the mid-2000s.
The assembly also saw the Year 11 Class of 2017 awards given across the College’s three trade schools. The recipients were:
Principal’s Award for the student with the most outstanding academic and trade performance; showed unwavering commitment to their goals; and who always represented the College to the best of their ability at school, in the workplace and in the wider community – Lachlan Osborne
School of Building and Construction
- Endeavour Award for Construction: Cristian Neve
- Academic Excellence Award for Construction: Riley Elson
- Endeavour Award for Plumbing: Carlos Buccini
- Academic Excellence Award for Plumbing: Harrison Durack
School of Community Service, Hospitality and Lifestyle
- Endeavour Award for Food and Hospitality: Chelsea Doman-Hicks
- Academic Excellence Award for Food and Hospitality: Courtney Bailie
- Endeavour Award for Hair and Beauty: Abigail Johnson
- Academic Excellence Award for Hair and Beauty: Dana Postle
School of Engineering and Transport
- Endeavour Award for Automotive: Joshua Dell
- Academic Excellence Award for Automotive: Declan Caldow
- Endeavour Award for Electrotechnology: Connor Hopkins
- Academic Excellence Award for Electrotechnology: Peter Arabatzis
- Endeavour Award for Metals and Engineering: Herbertia Barber-Watts
- Academic Excellence Award for Metals and Engineering: Daniel Raschella